Skip to Main Content
Do Not Show Again
Create a Website Account
- Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Website Sign In
News Flash Home
The original item was published from 11/29/2018 10:24:44 AM to 11/29/2018 10:34:01 AM.
Posted on: November 29, 2018
[ARCHIVED] 11/29/2018 Morning Announcements
· STUDENTS! Don’t forget that NHS sponsors after school tutoring
in room D214 at 2:05 PM. See you there!
· Science Tutoring for Biology, Chemistry and Physics takes place
in S122 during HR
· Students: SGA’s first ever Are You Smarter Than a Teacher game show will be held tonight
th at 6:30 in the ROG.
Jaguars boys basketball team knocked off previously undefeated and FortLauderdale high school by a score of 63 to 58. This was truly a team
victory led by Justin DeBuck; Chichi Amarachi; D’Andre Daniel; ShamyrTouze; Nick Bailey; Geoff Sprouse; Justin Sabater and Liam O’pry. The
jags will try to improve their record to 2 –0 this Friday night in thejaguar gym against state ranked Boyd Anderson. The team thanks everyone who
came out to cheer the Jaguars to victory.
· Love to read? Want to enjoy lunch at the library? The first book discussion is happening on Monday,
during A&B lunch in the library. Everyone is invited! The book is titled Letters to the Lost. For more details and to sign up...visit the Media Center section of the school website. Books can be picked up in S225 on Thursday and Friday during homeroom and after school in the Media Center. Space is limited...sign up today!
· Come get into the holiday spirit and join us for Winter Fantasy on
at 7pm! Tickets on sale for $5 at A & B lunch. If we don't sell out, tickets will be sold at the door for $7!
· The class of 2022 and the Rhythms Club will be selling
during both A and B lunches from December 3rd to December 13th. Candy grams will be $1 plus an additional $1 if you want to upgrade to a candy carol. Come support the freshman class and Rhythms Club and share holiday spirit with your friends!
· On MUNday,
, we will ALL wear the Human Rights t-shirts being sold in A and Blunches and S201 after school for $12 until November 16th. Post sale is
$15. Show your support for human rights.
· Need to earn servicehours? Join other teens in the 2018 Teen Empowerment Summit this Saturday,
December 1st from 9 AM-6 PM at the South Regional/Broward College Library.Pre-registration is required and transportation is provided from
participating libraries. Breakfast and lunch is included and there will beprizes & surprises! Don't delay register today by calling
· Promote equality and support PPCHS’ Girl Powerclub by purchasing a shirt and/or a water bottle during lunch! Shirts are
$15 and water bottles are $6.
· Don't miss out on some amazingmemories! Yearbooks are on sale now for $80 in C-117. This is the last week
to buy your book, so hurry now. Don’t forget you’re automaticallyentered into the i-pad giveaway once you buy your book!
· After school on Wednesday,
, Rho Kappa National Social Studies
Honor Society will be hosting their second annual "Gift a LittleHappiness" event in Mr. Curry's room (U225). Students will be writing
short letters to soldiers stationed overseas as a gift for the HolidaySeason, as well as enjoying a holiday-themed party! Bring friends, enjoy
food and hot chocolate, and spread holiday cheer. Hope to see youthere!
· Rho Kappa National Social Studies Honor Society will be selling
Midterm Care Bags
from November 26th to December 10th for at A & B lunches. You may purchase either a "De-Stress" or "Study" bag for $3, and they will be distributed on Friday, December 14th. Treat yourself or a friend for the holiday season!
· Jaguars! Spanish National Honor Society needs your help in our annual
Comparte Por Una Vida drive
! This drive helps the suffering and
malnourished children in Venezuela. We collect different items every monthfrom baby items to nutritional supplements, anything to help those in need!
Your simple donation can make a huge impact of the lives of these children.This December, Spanish National Honor Society will be collecting pasta. We
would appreciate any donations of various pasta types which can be droppedoff at the Comparte Por Una Vida boxes placed in your homeroom class.
Jaguars, let’s do our part and make a difference in the lives of thosewho need it most!
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow